Puducherry Pulls! My fun summer trip




I went to Puducherry on Thursday, and yes it really pulls! 


Puducherry is located on the south east of Chennai. Puducherry is 142 km from Chennai, It takes about 3 hrs to get there by car. Puducherry is a place with lots of history, it was taken by the French in the 19th century and even today, there are lots of French buildings and roads.



So, my mother, grandparents, my sister and my aunt and I went. We finished packing a day before leaving. We decided to stay there for 3 days. My sister made us all laugh by calling it ‘Monticherry’. 


We left on 21 Apr at 6 in the morning by car! After sometime, we played a couple of games and my sister vomited(pst:dont tell that to anyone or her). Eventually we stopped at an A2B in Mahabalipuram(1h from Chennai in car) but this wasn’t just any A2B. 


This was the A2B where my mother had taken a photo of my sister and I when we were both very small. We both are seated on a plane. She has that photo as her phone’s background. We were excited to take another picture in the same spot but too bad, they had removed the plane and play area because of the pandemic! Anyway I had an Idli and a Vadai. I really liked it. Did I forget to mention that my grandfather(who was driving) calls every bad driver a naay(dog in tamil)? 



So we arrived soon after. We went to a resort called Mermaid, It was right next to the beach and my favorite part was drumroll please . . . TV, Yes actually, true. Me and my sister watched TV from 11:30 am (arrival time) to 5:30! We had ICE CREAM and FRENCH FRIES FOR LUNCH!




At 5:30 we went to the beach! I really enjoyed it! My sister was feeling the waves. I was trying to see which was the longest wave. We went home and took a bath. Let's just say we put sand all over the place! After that I had dinner and slept.


The next day, We went to Whitetown. Why couldn't they have just named it redtown or bluetown or even rainbowtown but Whitetown it is. Meh boring. Whitetown is a French colony in Puducherry. First we went there and it was so hard to find a parking spot. It almost felt like parking simulator 22! Eventually we found a parking spot and won the game! 


We walked to the beach and saw the Mahatma Gandhi memorial and took a picture. Then we went to Aurobindo ashram and it was nice until I found a library with books from German to French to Italian and even Bulgarian! Too bad I couldn't talk or else I would break everyone's eardrums!



After that we went to a Ganesha Temple. Thank god there was AC or else I would have melted!In that temple we did the normal temple stuff like praying to gods, eating prasadam etc. Then we were so hot that we went to an A2B and had lemon juice and ice cream. I felt cool(both cool-looking and cool-feeling) after that we went to the museum. It was filled with ancient french stuff, It was so cool! I saw beds, kitchenware, statues, rocks and even cars from the 19th and early 20th century. I really liked it. After that we went to a park where we bought cotton candy for my sister. Finally we got in the car and left for our next hotel.




Our next hotel was called Prince Park. I thought it would be an actual hotel but it was just a farm. I hoped I wouldn’t have a bull after me when we went to the house(spoiler alert:we didn't) . But when we went to the front desk, they said there was no wifi and mobile data was bad so I couldn't attend hindi class. They said we got a house called HM2. It was a small house with a nice pen as the door. We had a bathroom, hall and living room, feeling like a boom yeah!Whoops sorry!Anyway I quite liked the home and I watched tv again for most of the day but my sister's favorite channel wasn't there so i had to put her 2nd favorite channel. 



After that we went swimming and I did very well. I taught my aunt and overall I did well. I am very good at swimming, I also taught my sister. It was very fun but I couldn't enter the deep end as you guessed it, it was too deep for my legs to touch.



I had dinner and watched tv and the F1 race, then I slept. 


The next day I went swimming early in the morning to the other pool in the resort. This was the best pool so far and best of all my legs could touch the deep end. I was so happy that I could finally swim from one side to the other.


After that we had breakfast and went home. I forgot to mention that my grandfather needed help with the landmark to find our hotel and said that whoever spots a Dance Studio would win 100 rupees. I won and gave half to my sister so 50-50 to us. We stopped for coffee, lemon juice and Icecream, I picked the latter of course. Then we came home after a very fun(and tiring) journey and hey I did the Google Map throughout!


So basically the learning is you can't get what you want like, I wanted a hotel but it was a farm. I wanted a nice cool day but it was hot. I wanted to take the car right next to the beach but we couldn't. I wanted to stay for more time but I couldn't. So never be angry if you don't get what you want. Just appreciate what you have.

Comments

  1. Hilarious Arnav..you have remembered even minute details and written in this blog. Looking forward to your crocodile farm visit blog. Very nice article Arnav

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Should homework be banned?

E-daycare - my business idea